The required materials may differ in every country, please confirm with the Chinese consulate of the host country.
1. Passport: one copy of the original passport with a blank visa page and one copy of the passport photo information page with a valid period of more than 6 months.
2. Visa application form and photos: 1 copy of the "Visa Application Form of the People's Republic of China" and 1 recent colour passport photo with bareheaded front and light background pasted on the application form.
3. Certificate of legal residence or residence (applicable to visa applicants who are not in the country of nationality): If you are not applying for a visa in the country of nationality, you need to provide the valid certificate of legal residence, residence, work and study in the country of residence or the original and copy of the valid visa.
4. Original Chinese passport or original Chinese visa (applicable to those who have Chinese nationality and later joined foreign nationality): If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you must provide the original Chinese passport and a copy of the passport photo information page; If you have obtained a Chinese visa and applied for a visa with a newly issued foreign passport, you must provide the photo information page of the original foreign passport and the copy of the Chinese visa you have obtained (if the name recorded in the new passport is inconsistent with the original passport, you must also provide the certificate document of changing the name issued by the relevant authorities).
5. One of the following materials:
(1) Foreign Employment Permit issued by the Human Resources and Social Security Department; If the working period does not exceed 90 days, the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China shall also be provided, and the applicant shall apply for visa before the starting date indicated on the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China, and the working time shall not exceed the period indicated in the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China;
(2) The Work Permit for Foreign Experts in China or the Work Permit Notice for Foreigners issued by the Bureau of Foreign Experts;
(3) Registration Certificate of Permanent Representative Offices of Foreign (Regional) Enterprises issued by the administrative department for industry and commerce;
(4) Approval documents for commercial performances issued by the competent cultural administration department (only applicable to applicants who come to China for commercial performances); If the performance period does not exceed 90 days, it is also required to provide the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China, and the applicant must apply for a visa before the start date indicated on the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China, and the performance period cannot exceed the period indicated in the Foreign Short-term Work Certificate in China;
(5) Letter of Invitation for Foreigners to Engage in China National Offshore Oil Corporation in the People's Republic of China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation.
Note: Within 30 days after entering China, you must apply for a residence certificate from the entry and exit administration of the place where you intend to stay, except for those whose stay period is 30 days and the visa is marked with "working hours shall not exceed the period indicated in the work certificate".